Acupressure is a treatment modality within Traditional Chinese Medicine: any energy point that can benefit from acupuncture with an acupuncture needle can also benefit from manual stimulation with your finger to achieve a similar benefit. The following article was graciously provided to us by the administrator at Share a Nanny Blog:
Acupressure has been used for centuries as a means for treating the body and mind. You can do acupressure on yourself or have a specialist do it for you. By applying pressure to certain points called acupressure points it is believed that you can fix the energy flow (or chi) in the body. These 19 blogs will provide charts and illustrations to show the acupressure points and explain how acupressure can help with pain reduction, physical ailments and overall relaxation.
Acupressure is a drug free way to help relieve pain in different areas of the body. You can even use acupressure during labor to help ease the pain of childbirth. If your foot hurts, there’s a pressure point for that, but it’s different than the pressure point used for back pain. Each area of the body will be explained, along with techniques regarding pain relief in specific areas.
- Pressure Points for Neck & Shoulder Pain: There’s a point between your index and middle finger that you can press to alleviate pain in your neck and shoulders. This post will explain how to find and press it.
- Acupressure for Menstrual Pain: If you suffer from pain with your period, this blog post is for you, as it explains and illustrates where pressure should be applied on the leg to relieve period pain.
- Acupressure Points for the Hips, Low Back & Sciatica: In this article you can find a sketch and a picture that show you where to apply pressure and an explanation for how to apply the pressure for the best relief of hip pain.
- Pressure Point Massage Relieves Jaw Pain: This blog contains a helpful video that shows where and how to massage to relieve your jaw pain.
- Shoulder & Neck Acupressure Points: This video explains in detail how to find the pressure points and how you can apply pressure to specific points yourself to relieve pain and stress in your neck and shoulders.
If you are suffering with insomnia, there are acupressure points to help you fall asleep faster. There are acupressure points all over your body to help other issues, such as allergies, snoring, nausea, a cold or even cancer. This alternative treatment allows you to avoid medicines that may have negative side effects.
- Acupressure for Colds & Flus: Several pressure points are explained in this article, as well as how pressure should be applied in order to get relief from the common cold and flu symptoms.
- Treat Snoring with Acupressure: This article explains how you can wear a ring called an acupressure ring while you sleep that may stop you from snoring.
- Acupressure for Nausea: If you’ve ever been on a cruise ship, you may have seen people wearing acupressure bracelets. These special bracelets apply pressure on the wrist to help reduce or stop nausea. This article explains more about this pressure point.
- Acupressure Massage: Several conditions that can be treated with acupressure are listed on this blog post, such as weight loss and speeding up labor during childbirth.
- Acupressure to Induce Labor: A clear explanation of how to apply pressure to start labor can be found on this post.
- Acupressure & Reflexology Charts Collection: You can find a comprehensive collection of acupressure charts on this post.
- Essential Oils & Acupressure Points for Allergies: Several steps are explained regarding how to relieve allergy symptoms with a combination of essential oils and pressure points.
After a long day at work you may need to relax the muscles in your neck and your back, especially if you sit in a desk chair all day. Acupressure treatments can relieve tight muscles and help you to relax.
- Relaxation Video Clip from Acupressure and Breathing Exercises for Relaxation: There are two videos on this post, one about breathing for relaxation and the other about acupressure and how to apply pressure to reduce stress.
- Acupressure, Energy Psychology and Relaxation: Find information on several acupressure points that will ease stress in different areas of the body.
- De-Stress with These Acupressure Points: Several different points are identified with illustrations or photos to help you find these pressure points to help you de-stress.
- Acupressure for Jet-lag, Insomnia and Relaxation: Different pressure points and techniques are covered in this post that will help you with relaxation.
- Acupressure Helps Students Stay Awake in Class: Several pressure points are listed. Some of these points will stimulate, while others will relax.
- Acupressure for Men: Instant Stress Relief: Many pressure points are shown to help men relax their neck and shoulders muscles, as well as relieve stress headaches.
- Effective Natural Treatments for Tension Headaches: Many of these acupressure techniques will help with relaxation, which is often the cause of tension headaches.
The author of this blog Monica Legatt LAc would like to thank the administrator of Share A Nanny for sharing this blogpost. Make sure to visit http://www.shareananny.com for extensive information on choosing, employing and sharing a nanny, parenting tips and other useful topics for parents!